Minimum requirements for position
- Currently hold a verifiable SECRET security clearance vetted through JPAS.
- High School diploma (or GED equivalent)
- 5 years’ experience with DoD Supply Activities and Logistics Operations
- Be familiar with a wide variety of software programs and possess strong computer skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis in Excel and Access. Skills should be specified to spreadsheet analysis, database structure, and the ability to compile and normalize many sources of data.
- Demonstrated knowledge and operational experience in customer support documentation software (JIRA, Remedy, etc).
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Logistics Management Analysis. (LMA)/Logistics Management Inspection (LMI).
- Knowledge and familiarity with DoD item unique identification (IUID) program is desired.
- Expertise in training others is desired.
The Logistician provides customer service and first level system support. This position works with other support staff (military and government civilians) to carry out activities and assigned tasks, assist or conduct technical training, participate in software testing activities and carry out system first-time implementation plans.
- Analyzing and measuring logistics effectiveness and efficiency
- Identify, troubleshoot, and provide solutions to challenges affecting current business processes and practices.
- Supporting the government with analytical and investigative techniques to improve readiness posture.
- Collect, review, and analyze data received from internal/external DoD activities in order to provide suggestions for best integration practices.
- Develop performance metrics, reports, briefs, and presentations for senior command leadership members.
- Logistic IT system implementation efforts to include; Bar code marking, Handheld Scanner Operation, Software Testing, and Baseline Inventory Events.
- The command this position supports operates in a very fast paced and fluid environment. The candidate should be at ease in environments requiring diplomacy under pressure, possess effective spontaneous decision making, result oriented thinking and meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD supply activities and logistics operations, asset and property management methods, as well as warehousing and distribution operations with customer information systems support.
-Relocation is not included.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law."