RMGS is a small, growing company headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA. We have been named on INC magazines fastest growing businesses in America for the past 4 years. We've recently won a large Department of State contract, are bidding several more. We've just been selected in Virginia's One's to Watch program for 2017.
Join this dynamic, growing company.
RMGS is seeking a Lead Training Subject Matter Expert for an upcoming long-term development project in the West Bank and Jordan. The emphasis of the Palestinian Authority (PA) Security Sector Reform Program (SSRP) is to develop and support the PA institutions needed to oversee, support, and maintain the PA Security Forces (PASF) and other PA-related justice and corrections functions. The Lead Training SME will support, assist, and advise the Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) and US Security Coordinator (USSC) in all matters relating to development of Palestinian Authority (PA) capacities and abilities to develop and implement a comprehensive, joint, and coordinated training program for the PA security services. This mentor will look at the training from a collective and Pan-PASF level. This includes assisting the PA to design, develop, facilitate, and deliver such training in a way that enhances and expands the abilities of the PA security services to carry out their duties and responsibilities in a self-sustaining manner to include at the PAN PASF level.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Mentor, advise and assist the PA General Military Training Commission (GMTC) and other related PA institutions to develop and implement the comprehensive strategies, policies, and procedures to establish and maintain a comprehensive training program that serves all PA security services. Advise and assist the PA to develop the leadership, staff and management capabilities necessary to develop and implement such a training system.
- Advise and assist the PASF to develop and implement policies and standard operating procedures necessary to manage a comprehensive training program, to include curriculum development and delivery.
- Assist with assessments, plans, and implementation of plans to migrate training from Jordan to the West Bank. Will assist with coordinating efforts with GMTC and the Pan PASF efforts.
- Advise and assist the PASF in the selection of instructors.
- Mentor, advise and assist the PA in the planning, directing, and coordinating assessments and needs requirements, development of trainers and training necessary to determine the needs for curriculum development, acquisition and management of training facilities, and development of an integrated training management system that can serve all PA security services.
- Identify sources of research and development that will assist the PA to develop new concepts, content, processes, and materials that support initiatives in joint training capability, planning, team effectiveness, and leadership learning and development.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 10 years of military, civilian law enforcement/government or corporate experience related to security sector development and assistance, training or other related area.
- Minimum 2 years overseas experience in any combination of military or law enforcement training and/or institutional development/change management/capacity building program implementation.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing practical programs and solutions in area of expertise.
- Experience developing high level plans and proven ability to execute those plans
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- Proven ability to coach, teach, and mentor others
- Excellent, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree in education, public administration, security studies or related fields.
- Current member of the Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (https://ileeta.org)
West Bank and Jordan
Benefits and Perks
- RMGS is a casual company, that treats employees fairly.
- We offer a full range of benefits