RMGS is a small, growing company headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA. We have been named on INC magazines fastest growing businesses in America for the past 4 years. We've recently won a large Department of State contract, are bidding several more. We've just been selected in Virginia's One's to Watch program for 2017.
Join this dynamic, growing company.
RMGS is seeking an Information Technology Planning and Management SME for an upcoming long-term development project in the West Bank and Jordan. The emphasis of the Palestinian Authority (PA) Security Sector Reform Program (SSRP) is to develop and support the PA institutions needed to oversee, support, and maintain the PA Security Forces (PASF) and other PA-related justice and corrections functions. The IT SME will support, assist, and advise the Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement (INL) and US Security Coordinator (USSC) in all matters relating to developing programs to enhance PA capacities to develop and implement self-sustaining planning and management programs to expand the information technology capabilities of the security services. Such efforts will focus on facilitating leading practice change management/transformation initiatives within the PASF.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Advise and assist the PA to plan, direct, and coordinate programs and activities relating but not limited to assessing the current state of IT capability, formulating an IT strategy, monitoring the vendor landscape, identifying IT needs, establishing and administering asset management, optimizing asset usage, managing service requests, monitoring and manage IT service performance in order to better support and manage the PA security services.
- Advise and assist the PA in developing Information Technology Planning and Management organizations to support the PA security services.
- Serve as a mentor and advisor in the field of IT management and research and development in order to help the PA develop new and concepts, content, processes, and materials that support IT capability for the PA security forces.
- Advise and assist the PA to design and implement a comprehensive IT strategy to support the PA security forces.
- Identify and recommend training and educational programs that will assist the PA to design, develop, and implement self-sustaining IT programs to manage and support the PA security services.
- Advise and assist INL and USSC in the developing and implementing assistance programs that will help the PA establish an overall strategy for IT services that includes training curriculum development, and development and implementation of a comprehensive set standard operating procedures for the PA security services.
- Advise and assist the PA in design and implementation of IT change management/transformation initiatives that promote standardized performance and delivery of Information Technology activities across the PA security services.
- Advise and assist in the design and implementation of an integrated Information Technology Management system for the PASF in cooperation with the USSC and the appropriate PA institution.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Ten (10) years IT Project Management experience of a complex nature
- Minimum Two (2) years’ experience working in overseas environments on IT mentorship and capacity building.
- Experience with high-level software implementations and hardware assessments and solutions.
- Minimum Two (2) years supervisor experience
- Minimum Two (2) years training experience to include curriculum development
- Bachelor Degree in IT Management or related field
- Previous or current Top Secret clearance preferred
- To be eligible, candidates must be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification.
Benefits and Perks
- RMGS is a casual company, that treats employees fairly.
- We offer a full range of benefits