RMGS is a small, growing company headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA. We have been named on INC magazines fastest growing businesses in America for the past 4 years. We've recently won a large Department of State contract, are bidding several more. We've just been selected in Virginia's One's to Watch program for 2017.
Join this dynamic, growing company.
RMGS is seeking a Civil Defense/EMT SME for an upcoming long-term development project in the West Bank and Jordan. The emphasis of the Palestinian Authority (PA) Security Sector Reform Program (SSRP) is to develop and support the PA institutions needed to oversee, support, and maintain the PA Security Forces (PASF) and other PA-related justice and corrections functions. The Civil Defense/EMT SME will support, assist, and advise the Department of State Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) and US Security Coordinator (USSC) in all matters relating to development of PA capacities and abilities to maintain and sustain civil defense and emergency medical treatment in the West Bank.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Advise and assist the Palestinian Authority (PA) so that all Civil Defense training courses are properly planned, delivered, and monitored to ensure that PASF students receive adequate US sponsored training.
- Coordinate with all supporting contractors and service providers at ACP and the West Bank.
- Develops, conducts and supervises civil defense/EMT curriculum and training programs in the West Bank.
- Assists the PA in developing policies and procedures necessary to carry out related responsibilities.
- Conducts assessments, and provides analysis to INL and USSC on the abilities of the PA to develop, implement, and sustain civil defense/EMT programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduation from a recognized training instruction such as the U.S. National Fire Academy or similar training program certified by a State or local government.
- At least ten (10) years' experience in a paid or volunteer U.S. fire-fighting service which provided full emergency response and management capabilities.
- At least one (1) year serving as a Fire Captain or equivalent supervisory rank
- At least one (1) year experience as a classroom and practical instructor for fire-fighting and disaster response operations. Such experience must include curriculum development.
- One (1) year experience working with an international assistance program such as those sponsored by the UN or other international organization or government. Similar relevant experience may be considered
- Previous or current Top Secret clearance preferred
- To be eligible, candidates must be able to obtain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) certification.
Benefits and Perks
- RMGS is a casual company, that treats employees fairly.
- We offer a full range of benefits