RMGS is a growing, Veteran Owned business that recently won a large IDIQ type Department of State Contract in Africa.
To provide programmatic support to the U.S. Mission to Somalia
Location: will split time between U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya and locations in Somalia, as required by U.S. Mission to Somalia.
Abbreviated Duties List:
- to travel to international meetings and conferences
- report on all daily activities and receive taskings from the Political-Military Chief within the U.S. Mission to Somalia, and support the broader Somalia Security Sector Reform (SSR) team.
- provide policy and programmatic recommendations to the U.S. Ambassador, the Deputy Chief of Mission and other senior State Department leadership on military sector reform issues.
- monitor and provide informal and cable reporting on military sector issues including: the development and performance of the SNA and AMISOM forces (noting critical shortfalls and deficiencies to the U.S. Mission in Somalia and the COR), and provide recommendations on how the U.S. Government can support and promote improved performance
- coordinate with elements of the Government of Somalia, the UN, African Union, African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), EU, and other international partners as necessary to further U.S. goals in military sector reform.
- establish working relationships and coordinate closely with Military Coordinate Cell colleagues based in Mogadishu.
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience working in Somalia is preferred.
- Experience working as part of a U.S. Embassy country team is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.