RMGS is a growing, Veteran Owned business that recently won a large IDIQ type Department of State Contract in Africa.
Location: within the PSD offices at the African Union Headquarters in Addis Ababa.
Brief Description: Full time position for a Peace and Security Advisor working at the African Union Headquarters in Addis Ababa, Egypt.
Abbreviated Duties List:
- The Advisor shall provide advisory support to African Union personnel working within the Peace and Security Directorate (PSD) (to include the military and civilian employees).
- The Advisor shall be embedded within the African Union Peace and Security Directorate, and report to and receive all taskings from the PSD leadership.
- The Advisor provide expert-level advice, analysis, and recommended courses of action to the PSD personnel.
- The Advisor shall verbally and/or via email on all daily activities to a member of the U.S. Mission to the African Union (USAU) identified by the Chief of Mission and approved by the COR.
- The Advisor shall consult with USAU at least once per week to ensure he/she is updated on all current U.S. Government policy guidance concerning the AU.
- The Advisor shall recommend both short and long-term courses of action for the PSD to implement the policy frameworks specified in relevant documents approved by the AU Peace and Security Committee.
- The Advisor shall provide written analysis of developments within the AU PSD at the request of the country team and the COR. The analysis shall identify:
- Nature of the developments.
- Impact on U.S. objectives.
- Recommended adjustments to existing U.S. policies and programs to account for those impacts.
- Master’s degree and at least 10 years prior professional experience working in the security sector OR a Bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of prior professional experience working in the security sector.
- Must have reached, at a minimum, the rank of O-5 in the military or equivalent (i.e. FS-02/GS-14) in a civilian capacity.
- Must have a minimum of one year of demonstrated prior professional experience working in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Must have a minimum of one year of demonstrated prior professional experience working with members of developing country institutions on a daily basis.
- SECRET security clearance
- Prior experience working in Somalia is preferred.
- Experience working as part of a U.S. Embassy country team is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.